Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hysis simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lillium

Chemical
Mar 4, 2004
PT
Hi! I would like to know if it's possible to create an hypothetical component on hysis, by it's structure. My component is a complex of Ag+ with an olefin (ethylene or propene)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not sure what is the structure of your component, but this might be helpful:

You can create a hypothetical using the UNIFAC model structure builder. You need to know the exact component groups in your compound. Refer to any thermodynamic equilibrium text for information about UNIFAC model to find out if your compound components are supported by the model.

Otherwise, only the regular hypothetical component creation methodology is available.

A.Zeidan
Process, Thermodynamics and Simulation

Anakagung,

To the best of my knowledge all the Hysys users can register at Aspentech and get an access to their <<knowledge base>>, which helps to solve a lot of your needs. Besides, there must be some Hysys operating manual as a group of .PDF files. This manual contents al lot of exercises for the typical plant operations. It may take the significant time to go through them but this’d be a good start. I'd also mention that ease in use of Hysys is highly dependant on your chemical engineering knowledge and working experience.

To set out a reliable hypothetical component you must be well aware of its termodynamic properties.

hope this helps,
Jeyx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back