HYSYS piping model for Wellhead Pipe to test monifold

Status
Not open for further replies.

C26M13

Chemical
Oct 2, 2015
AU
Hi,

I would like to get some advise in modelling the Hyraulic HYSYS model to determine the velocity of a fluid through the pipes.

I am creating the piping model from Wellhead pipe to the test monifold so that i can know what is the velocity in pipe and to compare to the maximum allowable velocity of the pipe (to prevent pitting on the pipe wall).

I have built my hydraulic model in HYSYS but, I have got one choke valve upstream of the test manifold. My question is how can i model the choke valve in HYSYS and get the velocity through the valve (I believe the velocity at downstream of the valve should be higher than the upstream of the choke valve)?

and how can I model the manifold in HYSYS as it gathered streamline from many sources?

If some has done this before, could you please give me some ideas of this HYSYS model?

Thank you and kind regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is no detailed model of a valve in HYSYS (like a CFD model). You either specify the downstream pressure (and is the able to calculate the Cv) or the Cv and then the downstream pressure is calculated.

Since its a stead state model you will have the _same_ mass flow upstream and downstream of the valve. Your velocity will be higher due to the expansion of the gas. The model will calculate this.

HYSYS is not ideal for distributed systems but just add a lot of tees and pipe segments and you will get the results - if this level of details is required!

Best regards, Morten

Thanks MartenA for sharing the points on the question i posted.

I can simulate the choke valve with the valve's CV and monifolds using the tees. So far my model gave good calculation on the piping configuration.

Thanks,

ok in C26M13 question
what if i use pipesim in modeling Wellhead Pipe & manifold or that will be very complicated , and if it possible i think in that case i will use network model mor pipeline and facilities model , is that right ?

please do not re open old threads...

you can adopt different tools to model well heads (I have used Prode Properties and Excel) however do not forget that some parts may require specific procedures not available in general purpose tools,
for example the results obtained from the correlations given by Fortunati in “Two phase Flow Through Wellhead Chokes” could be very different from those obtained from other (std.)correlations and so on...

with reference to reopen the old thread , i only need all discussion for the same subject to be in one place

after i hade review the idea of modeling of wellhead by pipesim , i think it will be more applicable to use hysys software because of well head piping configure make it difficult to build the model by pipesim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back