Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hysys rental

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketscientist

Chemical
Aug 19, 2000
US
I just got a request for some design work. I have Pipe-Flo Pro, a hydraulic program but I need Hysys or ChemCAD because the process involves natural gas/lights liquefaction, compression, and separator design and specification. Hysys, as we all know doesn't offer short term leases. ChemCAD does but I don't think the vapor-liquid library is sufficient compared to Hysys. I presented options to the lawyer who has the contract but he's not interested: 1) Go to engineering firm and rent a chair, provided it's available in a mobile platform; 2) Go to a university and lease some time; or, 3) Go directly to an engineering firm with the modeling.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Why HYSYS in particular? You can try out numerous software out there, e.g. Winsim Design II, Pro/II, KBC Petro-SIM (identical to HYSYS), I also believe ChemCAD would do the work although it has been a while since I used it the last time. Maybe someone is willing to offer you a short-term lease.

Try also Prode Properties, maybe it can do the work - it all depends what you need to calculate.

Dejan IVANOVIC
Process Engineer, MSChE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back