Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HYSYS Visual Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

joisy

Chemical
Feb 6, 2003
US
Guys,

has someone worked with the setting of user variables in HYSYS ? I do not have any info on how to work with HYSYS VB language and its objects. Can you advise me, please, where can I get such info?

thanks,
Joisy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

HI
there is help in hysys itself for user variables and how to set them. I just typed the name user variables in hysys help and there is information on it and how to set them. I am using HYSYS 2.4..

Prashant

I'm not sure that it reads there how to set up the following:

To set up some internal macros in HYSYS, which will change the flow ratio of the splitter in accordance with some variable (this var is to be calculated after the execution of a particular stream)

thanks,
Joisy

Hi, another question: I have to calculate the release flow rate of a relief valve on a diesel oil storage tank, using the external fire case condition; the set pressure of the valve is 0,35 barg and the tank is pressurized with natural gas. I'm not able to find the entalpy of vaporization for the diesel oil, but I saw that the boiling point for the diesel oil at atmospheric pressure is from 160°C to about 420°C, while the design temperature range of the tank is -5/+75°C. Is correct to calculate the maximum mass flow rate for fire condition, or I have to consider only the process condition failure cases?

Thank you.

To set up some internal macros in HYSYS, which will change the flow ratio of the splitter in accordance with some variable (this var is to be calculated after the execution of a particular stream)

thanks,
Joisy

Hi joisy,
You can use the adjuster inthe hysys to do it. Now i guess that your problem is how to setup the variable which is not directly in the list of hysys variables e.g. ratio of some variables or something like that. For that hysys has got spreadsheets. You can import the varibels of your interest and make another variable from it using usual way of using spreadsheets. You can name this new variable whatever you want and then use it.
In you case, you have to adjust the spli ratio using some stream variable.
If that stream variable is readily available in the list of stream variable then its fine. USe adjust directly.
IF that variable is combination of some variables then use spreadsheet in the HYSYS to make new variable and then adjuster.
Hope this will give some proper direction to you.

Regards
Prashant

Hi joisy,
You can use the adjuster inthe hysys to do it. Now i guess that your problem is how to setup the variable which is not directly in the list of hysys variables e.g. ratio of some variables or something like that. For that hysys has got spreadsheets. You can import the varibels of your interest and make another variable from it using usual way of using spreadsheets. You can name this new variable whatever you want and then use it.
In you case, you have to adjust the spli ratio using some stream variable.
If that stream variable is readily available in the list of stream variable then its fine. USe adjust directly.
IF that variable is combination of some variables then use spreadsheet in the HYSYS to make new variable and then adjuster.
Hope this will give some proper direction to you.

Regards
Prashant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back