Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IÆm working with 2ö pipes in SW2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavenlySolid

Electrical
Dec 1, 2005
PR
Can anyone tell me how do I make a configuration for how pipes are fitted (contoured to fit the pipe OD) prior to welding?

Do I need to do the contoured cut myself or is there a tool that will do it for me and apply the weld at the same time.

Is there a tutorial for doing this? Can anyone explain how to do it?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It sounds like you're talking about the bell end of pipe. You can create it with a loft.
Pick a plane and create 3 planes off of it. The distance from the main plane to the first plane would be the distance from the square end to the beginning of the bell end. From the first plane to the second plane, the distance would represent the distance to where the widest part of the bell begins. The last plane would be for the opening of the bell. Create 2" circles on the first two planes and 2"+ pipe OD circles on the last two planes and then use the loft feature. Then shell it. That should get you close to where you need to be.

Jeff Mirisola, CSWP
CAD Administrator
SW '07 SP2.0, Dell M90, Intel 2 Duo Core, 2GB RAM, nVidia 2500M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back