I am not sure what this 'deviation table' means. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokerkov

Mechanical
Sep 20, 2023
CN
1717057133459_m3ewme.png

I think this means, we can use any length between 6.3-6.95 as nominal length, and apply +-0.4 tolerances to that nominal length.

(There are no REF "B3,C1,B6" in the drawing. "9.1" and "6.0" are located in the other part of this drawing, where i didn't show on this pic.)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

At the risk of stating the obvious: If you are making the part, you should verify with the customer your interpretation of the requirements is correct. If you are going to be using the part, you should verify with the supplier the same.

It's a very interesting part and I would love to watch the spring winding / wire bending machine make them.

I agree with Brian that the solution is to find the person/organization who/that is responsible for the drawing and ask them.

I've thought about a number of reasons to have a table like that, but none are sufficiently definitive to make mentioning them anything but a possible error. I could be right, but I am not certain to be right.

Could it be less than perfect English, so "Deviated Dim" is actually "Dim under Load" or "Work Position"?

"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert"
Arthur C. Clarke Profiles of the future

3DDave said:
It's a very interesting part and I would love to watch the spring winding / wire bending machine make them.

Probably similar to those other coiling machine videos, I can take a short video if you like. We are going to produce this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back