Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

I am searching advices about piping in Solidworks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic

Industrial
May 31, 2000
FR
I have some piping to do with solidworks, and i would like to have some advices. where are the main difficulties or the tips wich are very usefull.<br><br>PS sorry for my english, i am french

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Sonic,<br>Could you please be a bit more specific as to what you wish to know, I have been in piping for over 30 years, so I should be able to give you some assistance somewhere....<br>Regards,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Tony

I am doing chillers, and i have to use solidworks to build the piping of the machine. I'd like to know what is usefull in solidworks to do well and quite fast

Hi Sonic,<br>I do Chillers most of the time, I am assuming that they are of the Centrifugal or Reciprical type, and come flanged with 150#Flanges Raised Face, or Grooved Ends (ie Victaulic). You should use the 150Lb steel Pipe Selection with weldeable fittings A53 and Std.Wall Pipe A53 Gr.2B etc.<br>I wish I could see exactly what you are trying to do, then it would make it a lot easier for me to help you.<br>If you like send me your Email address and I will send you a AutoCad Ver.14<br>Dwg. of a recent job I have completeted.<br>Regards,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Tony<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back