Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am using the demo version of RSVi

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsview

Electrical
Jan 13, 2003
US
I am using the demo version of RSView32 Works Version6.3 but am not able to configure the channels. I want to know if the demo version works wth RSLinx 2.0? i need help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Make sure that you have configured a suitable driver in RSLinx before attempting to set up the channel.

From your other posts, it looks like you want to communicate on DH+ so you will need to add a driver to RSLinx to specify the details of your interface card. In RSLinx select Communications> Configure Drivers... and then select the driver for the type of interface you have. You will need to enter the details required about your interface configuration.

Once you have done this, in RSView configure a Channel of type DH+ (again, assuming this is how you want to talk to the PLC) and then select the RSLinx driver you just configured.

After you have a channel configured, you will need to specify the Node or Nodes you want to talk to. Here you will have to identify the DH+ address of the PLC you intend to talk to.

Then you're in business!

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back