Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am working on redesigning the ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewistetu

Mechanical
Apr 7, 2016
CH
I am working on redesigning the cathodic protection system of an offshore platform. presently I have a problem doing the choice of what current density to use. a survey was carried out which shows the outflow per anode ranges from 1.04 A to 1.72 A and there are 84 anodes installed protecting a surface area of 59827 sq. ft. there shall be an addition of 28800 sq. ft. *(addition of well conductor pipes). the medium is sea water and soil with water resistivity of 22ohm.cm and depth of 150ft. I will like to ask what current density can be used to design the retrofitting. I went in for 3mA/sq ft. since my calculations showed that the protective current density after survey was 2.4 mA/sq ft. and to be on a safe side I went for that value I know its kind of awful receiving a message from someone you donot know but sir its in my way of research that I go into the core, those who actually brought out the laws could explain them better. thanks and hoping for a reply sir. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back