Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I cannot view PDF Files on my computer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristaC

Mechanical
Nov 12, 2003
CA
When I go to a website that has PDF Spec sheets I cannot view them. When I click on them I get a blank page with a small icon in the upper left corner. I do have adobe acrobat. I figure it is a check box in my computer settings that is unchecked or something, nothing serious but very annoying.

Please Help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Even though you have the Reader on your system, if may not be the designated program for opening files of type .PDF (Adobe .PDF files). You can check this by clicking:
Start/Settings/Control Panenl/Folder Options and selecting tab File Types. That lets you see what programs are associated with various file types. Scroll down to file type .PDF, click it, and see what is associated with it.

Disable it, it is far better downloading the .pdf and seeing them later with the reader.

A good thing could be also use Ghostscript related programs to convert .pdf in other format like .html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back