Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I-Deas 10 Memory Preferences 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDGray

Mechanical
Jul 14, 2010
GB
Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows how to fix an I-deas 10 memory problem. Reading in a large IGES file gives an out of memory dialogue... I tried changing i-deas preferences from 2000 up to 3000 (wrong thing to do!) this now prevents opening of program and gives fatal error - insufficient memory. Does anyone know how to reinstate old memory allocations to get I-deas working again? Any help much appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Go into your Userparam file and change these

These are just reference numbers

User param file setting (example):
Memory.AutoSetting: 0
Memory.DynMemPercent.App: 41.0%
Memory.DisplayListPercent: 50.0%
Memory.CachePercent.App: 5.0%
Memory.CachePercent.Graphics:
2.0%
Memory.FortranWorkPercent: 2.0%
Memory.VirtualMemAllocation:
2047M

I wish we could edit our posts anyway try typing this in to import you IGES file

/xto co bo fc im

This is the old IGES translator I think release 6 or so. It sometimes works better than the current translator.

Thats great thanks!...it worked fine and I now have I-Deas working again. Forgot about the old iges import script... thanks for reminding me, I will give it a go. Your help is very much appreciated.

The folowing 2 environemnt variables also help with importing large iges files:

OI_STREAMPROTOCOL=file

&

IMSIGES_USEOA=1

Both of these are documented in the help, (not sure if they were around in I-deas 10, just search the help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back