Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

I-DEAS Created .ASC Files to .DWG

Status
Not open for further replies.

aireng1

Aerospace
Jun 6, 2012
US
My company has a large quantity of @D - .asc files that were created by I-DEAS 12 NX. It appears that these are binary files of some sort that contain a large amount of cordinates.

Does anyone know a program (other than I-DEAS) that will convert these files to .dwg or .dxf files.

I have never used I-DEAS, and the only guy in my company that used I-DEAS has since left and now we are stuck trying to convert these files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No we don't, our IT department would rather find a way to convert the files to Autocad (this is our current cad package)then have I-DEAS installed.

Even the built-in DXF export feature of I-Deas is problematic. Some export reasonably well with paperspace, and others require that it not utilize paperspace. Both options normally have text objects that get shifted from their original position.

I just looked at Polytrans by Okino, since it is such a powerful set of translation utilities, but .asc does not show up when I perform a search there.

Consider contacting the current owner of I-Deas, Siemens. They may have an option for you.

Joe Dunfee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back