Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I-deas programs converted to NX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swale74

Mechanical
Jun 16, 2011
CA
Hello, We have a few SDRC i-deas seats still running in our company and they are used to run some programs to develop our parts from data gathered on a spec sheet. These programs develop drawings and 3d models. My question is there anyway to take this and transfer to NX or are we to start from scratch? Back when we were running i-deas (this is before my time with the company). There were dedicated employees to customize the software and make programs to help us run more efficiently. Now that we're running NX we barely have enough employees to take on the day to day items. This leaves no time to customize NX.

I don't believe there is any programing connections between the two software but thought I'd ask the question here. The knowledge base is fantastic on this site.

NX 8.0.3.4 in Windows 7
Mechanical designer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We're running I-deas 11 on windows Xp machines and NX 8.0.3.4 on Windows 7 machines.

NX 8.0.3.4 in Windows 7
Mechanical designer

If you email me (just take my ID, add a couple of periods and you should be able to figure out the rest) I'll put you in contact with someone who can help you with this issue.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back