Status
Not open for further replies.

tk369

Mechanical
Dec 6, 2002
US
Hello all..
We are running NX6.
I need to export a .stl file from NX but I keep getting an error saying I have a negative value in the model.
I am clueless what to do. I ran FILE>UTILITIES>PART CLEANUP without success.

Is there an answer to my problem. I don't have time for a redo.

Thanks in advance.

ted kralovic

VisVSA, NX-6, Macbook, iPhone 3GS, Garmin 765T, Garmin Forerunner 405, Garmin eTrex Vista Hcx, among others

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Cancel the error dialog box, and choose "Discontinue" if it asks to keep showing errors. Your stl file will be fine.

If you want to export your model without getting these "errors", move the model so that it sits entirely within the +x, +y, +z octant (or it may be more convenient to use copy to get a parasolid body that can be moved around easily).

www.nxjournaling.com

The .stl file format, as originally developed by 3D Systems Inc (one of the earliest pioneers in Sterolithography), does not support negative values. The assumption was that the geometric model, or in this case the tessellations, were all located in the positive octant, that is where (as cowski has already mentioned) all of the entries are recorded with +X, +Y and +Z values.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Cowski & John..
Success! thank you both for the quick replies..tk

ted kralovic

VisVSA, NX-6, Macbook, iPhone 3GS, Garmin 765T, Garmin Forerunner 405, Garmin eTrex Vista Hcx, among others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back