Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need a good website for lisp routines 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEC2012

Mechanical
Jul 20, 2004
US
my company ask I find some useful lisp routines to add to our list we have now. Does anyone know a great site for finding the best out there. I know there are tons out on the net but I am looking for what members of this forum think are better than the others.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you really need lisp routines? Sometimes people will be searching for lisp routines which the Autodesk product they use already has a function for. I'd be sure to identify whether or not the lisp routines are really necessary first.

It is nice to see that "Afralisp" is back up and running. This is a web site I really did miss when it was shut down. Again AfraLisp, - WELCOME BACK.

loosestring,

I gave you a star, I laugh everytime I here somebody say well I got a lisp routine that helps me do XXX. So many times I have had to tell them, well AutoCAD already does that and then show them the command that they didn't know existed.

This is also why I don't go to our local usergroup meetings anymore. It was just guys who could have worked in Acad R12 and never bother learning anything beyond that, because some coworker was a Lisp routine writing fool.

Scary thought when somebody somewhere is paying for all those upgrades, but the employees never bother to learn and use the what's new section.

Bmassey,
I have been in your situation before where managment has thrown out the terms, "Can we write a lisp routine for that". I highly suggest that you offer to send at least one or two people to an advanced or level 3 course. It would be much more productive.

Cadnutcase
My two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back