Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

I need inforamtion on a useful heat pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Mechanical
Mar 30, 2001
US
I am looking for information on heat pumps. I have an industrial aplication where a heat pump could save us a lot of steam and cooling load by moving heat from one place to another. We were looking at ammonia-water absorption heat pump systems so we could use a pump instead of a compressor. So far we have only been able to find limited info on these systems (specifically heat of absorption) and I was hoping someone out there had some info that could help. We are operating between 0-50psig, and 140-220F, if there are other refrigerants that would work better for this I would enjoy hearing about them too.
Tanks in advance.

Dan The Man

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks, I must not have been as specific as I should have when I searched because I didn't come up with many useful links. I was looking for more in depth data if I could get it. I am familliar with the cycle, just not all of the particulars and pitfalls.

Dan The Man

Dan:

Got to Trane.com and seach first for "Absorption Chillers" and then "Heat Pumps".

They have all types of both: single stage, two stage and DFA AAbsorption as well as closed and open loop heat pumps.

All sorts of sales, applications, case studies, service and selection info as well

Happy hunting!! :) Buddha's advice 2,500 yrs ago (I'm Christian!!???!!): "After deep, careful observation/analysis; and it agrees with reason, is conducive to the common good: accept it and live up to it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back