Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i need values measured from actual heat exchanger

Status
Not open for further replies.

srkangas

Mechanical
Feb 4, 2004
US
Does anyone know where I could find measured values from a real heat exchanger? I would like to use actual temps etc. to validate calculations, and i do not have the resources to make and test one. Something somewhat simple is the best.
thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your question may seem simple, but the answer is complex.

To give you any decent answer you would need to specify at the very least the following:

Fluids involved.
Inlet conditions (pressure & temperature) of both fluids.
Mass flow of both fluids.

It would be nice to know if you had any specific typical heat exchanger in mind (shell and tube, Fin plate, etc.).

Amir

Any normal fluids would work... water, refrigerant etc.. normal fluids with findable properties. I would prefer a shell and tube heat exchanger but I could work with plate-fin. Mass flows would be whatever the performed experiment specified.

Is there a site or a place where I can find a variety of performed measurements on specific heat exchangers?

I am looking to validate an analysis program by modeling a heat exchanger's geometry and comparing my results with theirs.

In other words, I need the real life answers to compare my theoretical calcs to.

thanks for the respond
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back