Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want to use NX6 in Windows 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinturupesh143

Aerospace
Jan 16, 2014
I have installed NX6 with license server. But when I am launching it an initialization error occurs.
"NX License Error: Invalid (inconsistent) license key or signature. The license key/signature and data for the feature do not match."

I already have defined an environment variable UGS_LICENSE_SERVER and value 28000@Computername.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So Windows 8 is the odd environment i mentioned in your other thread ?
Call Gtac and ask if NX6 at all runs on Windows 8.

Regards,
Tomas

NX 6.0 has NOT been certified on Windows 8 nor are there any plans to do so. Now if it works, fine (I have UG V17.0 running on Windows 7 and trust me, that was never in the plan), but if it doesn't, don't expect a lot of help from GTAC. Granted, someone there might have some ideas as to what you could try, but your best bet is to upgrade to a version of NX that has been certified on Windows 8.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Go to the site below and you'll find a list of Siemens PLM products. Pick the one(s) of interest and you will be asked to download a spreadsheet with the latest certification information.

Note that with respect to NX, the current 'Supported' versions on Windows 8 & 8.1 are NX 8.5 and NX 9.0. Any version earlier than that is officially listed as 'Not Supported'. Now as I've said in the past, this does NOT mean that older versions of NX can not be installed or that it will not run, just that IF there ARE problems encountered, there will be little or NOTHIMG that GTAC or R&D can do to help resolve whatever problems that might arise if you do try this.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back