Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ice detection in the liquid nitrogen dewar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryo_Query

Bioengineer
Oct 29, 2018
DE
Dear All,

Could you please suggest me on how to detect the ice formed in the liquid nitrogen dewar.

Is there any procedure or sensor or any other method to find how much ice and at which spots of the dewar, the ice has formed?

Thanks in advance

Vamsee

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We open and close the lid of the dewar to change the samples. The changing of samples were done by a robot. Due to the humidity and the frequent open and close of the dewar lid, it creates a ice at the edges of the dewar.

Is this LN2 dewar used for 'freeze-shrinking' parts for interference Assy... or tempering/temper-suspension by deep-freezing?

Regards, Wil Taylor

o Trust - But Verify!
o We believe to be true what we prefer to be true. [Unknown]
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation,Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", Homebuiltairplanes.com forum]

Btb... that why I had to ask... This being a Aero Engineering topic forum, n-all... Geeeezz.

Does Eng-Tips even have a Bio engineering forum/area?

Regards, Wil Taylor

o Trust - But Verify!
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation,Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", Homebuiltairplanes.com forum]

In-our line of work, the LN2 is an expendable commodity... used for specific purposes, then discard... in-line with the typical work I briefly noted.

Regards, Wil Taylor

o Trust - But Verify!

I have had a similar problem "Ice Blocking" Contact Lens Blanks. To keep frost from forming we blow compressed air that has been dehumidified to -70 C. Commerectial dehumidifiers are available to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back