Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Icon Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJackson

Geotechnical
Jul 22, 2004
US
I would like to open Microstation V8 and have the "Microstation Manager" open to a specific location. Meaning the Drives drop down box should be on G:\ not C:. Hopeing someone can help me with this.

Thanks,
G

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

you can do this in several ways.
The first is to set your works space preferences to a primary search path see attached prefs1.jpg
Another way is to set up a specific workspace and then when you open Microstation manager you choose the workspaces by name thru browsing down the workspaces pulldown, it normally set to default or user... you just have to create one called the folder name or project name and then path it thru the pull down...sse attached prefs2.jpg

Another way is to create project folders this is a little more difficult as it involves editing the user pref file ie .upf
you edit under th eset search paths MS_DEF
to =the full file path to your project/ (dont forget the forward slash...
and lastly my favorite
create short cut to the folder ie U:\JOBS\43315797\AMASTER
in explorer and save them in favorites by project name
then just run in internet explorer favorites choose one and windows explorer pops up you then load a file by clicking on it and voilla ustn loads it without the manager...

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=38485c98-d0a7-4db7-ab2c-2c08d0960bca&file=prefs3.JPG
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back