Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICPR model setup question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jg2010

Civil/Environmental
Jun 22, 2010
US
I am a relatively new ICPR user, and had 2 questions regrading model setup for a project. The project only has one basin, and there are 2 subareas.

In existing conditions, the site is undeveloped (i.e., no pipes, channels, ponds, etc.). Therefore, I have 2 nodes (one for each subarea) - and I am trying to determine how to model the peak flow for the basin without any links. Basically, I am trying to figure out how to set up the exsiting conditions model in ICPR to produce the same results as I would get using the ADDHYD command for the subareas in TR-20 (i.e., how to get a peak flow for the composite hydrograph of the basin without routing the individual subarea peak flows).

My other question (for the proposed conditions model) is similar in nature. I have a pond in one subarea (Subarea 1),and a small storm drain system in Subarea 2. I have also added a boundary condition.

The Tt in the storm drain system (which is quite small) has already been incorporated into the TR-55 Tc calcs. Again, I am trying to determine how to ADDHYD the routed Subarea 1 hydrograph with the unrouted Subarea 2 hydrograph.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Existing conditions- simply create one downstream boundary NODE and attach multiple BASINs to it.

Proposed conditions-
IF you are modeling the storm drain system in ICPR (entering each inlet, pipe etc.), do not include it in the Tc or Tt.

As far as building the network, from what you describe, a minimum would be:
1. a downstream boundary NODE with the unrouted BASIN attached..
2. a NODE representing your pond.
3. a BASIN attached to the pond (or muliple inlet NODES with subBASINs and pipe LINKS to the pond)
4. LINK(s) from the pond NODE to the boudnary NODE representing the pond outlet(s).

Thanks so much...I'll give that a try. It makes sense, I didn't think about attaching basins to the boundary node. I was creating additional nodes for all basins, then having problems determining how to link them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back