Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

id symbol count

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormyb

Mechanical
Jun 11, 2010
NL
hi, i was wondering if it is possible to let the id symbols count with 1 instead of 10?
when i place id symbols it copy the id from the partslist which are 10, 20, 30 etc etc
i 'd like to change that to 1, 2, 3, 4 etc
is it possible?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

@SamSlivinski : No, I want the partslist count with steps of 1 insted of 10.
@jerry1423: In customer defaults the Increment is already "1" doesn't have effect on it.

also:
When i renumber the partslist ( e.g. : 18,19,20,21) and i add later another part, the new part gets itemnr: 31, instead of 22.

When running in 'native mode' obviously NX is in charge of its own behavior, but once Teamcenter enters the picture all bets are off. Generally one of the expected benefits of having a PLM system like TC in place is to provide a centralized way to define, publish and enforce standards, like for example, how a Parts Lists (AKA BOM) is formatted and represented both on the Drawing and from withing the PDM system.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Per default the NX partslist uses the Teamcenter "Find No" and synchronizes that to the NX attribute "Callout". ( "find no" = "Sequence number" in older TC versions.)
The "Callout" is then used by the NX partslist as "PC No" ( Position number), thereby the 10,20,30 etc.
We have set it such that the NX partslist ignores the "Find no" in TC. I think, ( -a few years since i set this up...) that the trick is to make the parts list ignore the "callout" attribute.
1) Customer defaults "Increment = 1",
2) Edit the partslist column "PC NO" , it is default ( when running under TC):
Column type = Callout ( Which it must be.)
Default text = <W$=@CALLOUT>

Erase the text <W$=@CALLOUT> then select the "Column Type" and re-select "Callout"
The new "Default text" should now read "$~C" and the "PC No" is no longer connected to the "callout"-attribute but will increment with what is set in the customer defaults.

Right click this partslist and save it as a template.

Regards,
Tomas

Thnx for you're explanation.
In your setup, the relation between TC and NX is broken?
Our partslist are created in TC by PSE. The itemnumbers, Findno, PCno (what's in a name) must be the same in TC as in NX.

Yes, we have broken the connection between the "Find no" and the NX - "PC No". , The PSE and the partslist still reports / contains the same data but no sync between Find no/ Pc no.
( It makes the partslist a bit more flexible...)
To my knowledge, : If you want to keep that connection, but get 1,2,3 instead of 10,20,30 you need to set up Teamcenter such that the "Find No" goes 1,2,3 instead of 10,20 etc
I don't think / know if it is possible to have NX "reduce" 10 -> 1 and thereby display "1" in the partslist.

Regards,
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back