Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Ideas from Engineers in Chlor-alkali Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iomcube

Chemical
Dec 11, 2015
TR
I work in Pakistan's largest Chlor-alkali Industry & we have been in the business for more than 30 years. In this forum I would like to connect with people having similar background. For instance the member below seems inactive now:

The heart of Chlor-alkali plant:
10210901599_gutmql.jpg

The purpose is to brainstorm different products that could be made from Cl2 or NaOH; these things are becoming surplus & I am looking into the derivatives

Currently we do produce:
1] HCl via burning H2(g) in Cl2(g) furnaces
2] Hypo solutions via rxn b/w Cl2(g) & NaOH(aq)
3] Bleach powder via rxn b/w Cl2(g) & CaO(s)
4] CaCl2 prills via rxn b/w CaCO3(s) & HCl(aq)
5] CO2(g) from the above rxn
6] Liquid Cl2 ...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you dont mind suggestions from others not in the chlor- alkali business, how about using H2 in the process for producing hydrogen peroxide - H2 is used here to reduce anthraquinone back to anthrahydroquinone.

georgeverghese
I meant no disrespect to anyone [sadeyes]; regarding peroxide business... In my bold text I specifically said that Cl2 & NaOH are surplus not the H2. You see H2 when used to produce HCl in furnaces it's used in excess to make sure no Cl2 is left unburnt ...which leaves no H2 for us to use
Screenshot_1_pr93je.jpg

So derivatives of NaOH (Soap noodle & its technology providers I am currently searching) and chlorine derivatives I am currently searching. Batch or continuous doesn't matter.
PVC is too large a process :( ...if that comes to your mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back