Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Idec Microsmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDoc

Computer
Apr 12, 2006
US
Good Day,

I want to count the number of pulses generated on an input in a 60 second period and convert that number into a DC voltage that would change during the next 60 second cycle if the number of pulses changed. I need it to be a DC voltage so it will interface with an exhisting piece of equipment. 0-5 VDC

Example first 60 seconds = 25 pulses = output voltage 2.25
second 60 seconds =29 pulses = output voltage 2.5
third 60 seconds = 26 pulses = output voltage 2.3

and so on

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not familiar with the PLC but the way i would attempt to do this would as follows. Firstly a timer self ressetting of 60 secs and a flag related to this timer. Then a counter which is storing the number pulses from your particualar input into a data memory area. You would then have a block of code carrying out a function which would then be repeated over and over for however many samples you need. This would consist of a compare function which is triggered by you 60sec timer the compare function would be comparing a preset pulse count to that being stored in the data memroy area mentioned above and when they are equal(the microsmart should have a lsit of internal flags for equal greater than etc) a output would be energised etc but this would only occur on the moment the 60sec flag tells it to. like i said this would then be repeated over and over for say 25,29,26 pulses etc. Some additionl code might be needed like resetting the counts in the data memory area after 60 seconds but like i say i am unfamiliar with your PLC. Hope this has helped a little.

Taggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back