Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Identification of pressure switch operating range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopsider

Electrical
Nov 9, 2021
AU
I need assistance identifying the operating range of two pressure switches. They need replacing

They are made by a Japanese manufacturer WAKO , who I have tried communicating with but the language barrier is too hard.

The switches are discontinued . They are used in a Toyota wheel chair accessible vehicle. They are in the hydraulic circuit that lowers the vehicle.

The part is a PS-20 .

I have attached a photo of them . You can see the numbers stamped on the brass neck of the switch .

5 74
5X3 5X3

I am unsure if the identifying numbers stamped are universal if if they are specific to wako parts

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=cf91c3d2-007a-47d2-a6cf-6ba4acb9bcc3&file=BE63A2C3-8328-4615-998B-2AAECB3960DC.jpeg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Replace them with pressure gauges.
Determine the maximum system pressure.
Select a replacement that will take 150% to 200% of the maximum operating pressure.
Replace the pressure gauges with the new switches.

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

Thanks for replying Gr8blu but I have checked that page and it was not of use too me .

The 2 pressure switches control the cut of the hydraulic pump that lowers the suspension on the car .

I installed a pressure gauge on the pump as suggested by waross .

after running under caution to find operating cut out/in ,Unfortunately a seal on the shock absorber ( where the hydraulic oil is pumped to compress it) has had a seal let go in it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back