Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Identify occurrence face of the same part in different assemblies using NXOpen? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

biw01

Automotive
Dec 31, 2011
US
Hello Friends,

This group has never disappointed me when I have been looking for some answers to my NX automation. Here I come with another question. I have different assemblies in which the same part is instantiated (as another component assembly). Is there any direct NX API that I can use to determine an occurrence face across the different assemblies and relate them to the same prototype face.
I am aware of the "FindOccurrence" method that gives the occurrence face for the input prototype face. Is there any other way around?
My program takes as input one of the occurrence face in an assembly and I need to find out the same face in another assembly.

Thank you for your help!
Amitabh

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have an occurrence face, you can get the prototype using the occFace.Prototype method. Once you have the prototype face, you can use the .AskOccsOfEntity to get references to all the occurrences in the current session. Since this returns all the occurrences in session, you may need to filter the results to determine which occurrences belong to the assembly of interest.

www.nxjournaling.com

Thank you, Cowski. I knew you have an answer to my problem. Let me go ahead and try this out and I will get back. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back