Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Identifying component by component ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdic

Mechanical
Sep 30, 2009
Hello,

I am wondering how to identify components in an assembly via the reported component ID in the information window at the top of the screen. Specifically, I have an assembly that will not regenerate fully with the following message:

Warning: Cannot update placement of component (M9165).

How do I figure out which part is component (M9165)? There is probably a simple explanation for this but I am not clear on how to interpret this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

Wouldn't the components be identified through a Master-Model CAD structure? Each component is a child component that is partof the Master Assembly.

Perhaps, a CAD naming convention, structure or nomenclature would help too if you have identical part numbers that is part of this "M9165" Assembly.

At least through a Master-Model CAD structure, you will be able to control individual components & its revisions too.

Does this help?

Show the feature ID in the model tree.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back