Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

IEC 60890 Temperature Rise Calculations Spreadsheet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM2

Mechanical
Oct 20, 2007
US
IEC 60890 uses a series of graphs as part of the temperature rise calculations. I've been looking for either a spreadsheet, or equation to incorporate into the calculations rather than a graph.

Anyone know of a spreadsheet, or the equations used to plot the graphs?

Regards,
DM

"Real world Knowledge isn't dropped from a parachute in the sky but rather acquired in tiny increments from a variety of sources including panic and curiosity."

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not an expert but just a dummy user of spreadsheet. When I have a graph but I need values to use for automatic calculation, I transform the plot in a table (using program called "plot digitizer", also available free in internet) and I automatically calculate the intermediate values with the linear interpolation, as per the worked example here attached.
If there is a quicker system (but not too much complicate), I will be glad to learn
Thanks

Furthermore with the data you put in the table you can plot a graph to be sure you didn't do any mistake in digitizing the data (the graph should be similar to the original one)

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=b3783d05-3704-4711-8b4d-a710a6ff3a24&file=plot_digitizer.ods
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back