Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

IECC vs ASHRAE 90.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuuvox000

Mechanical
Sep 17, 2019
US
Which one do you prefer for HVAC and why? I've almost always used the IECC but I was asked lately which one we should use and I wasn't quite sure.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It depends on what the JHA requires. It also depends on other client requirements that may go above code requirement (LEED etc.).

So what I as the designer prefer really is irrelevant. I definitely am not a fan of LEED that still is based on 2009 or whatever ASHRAE. I would prefer the current IECC/ASHRAE (whichever is tougher) and only that and consistent for all projects.

Hi nuuvox000, I came across a previous thread where you were proposing to use ductwork with a high aspect ratio (around 8).

By any chance did you proceed with this installation? And if so were there any noise concerns?

Excuse me for posting here but the other thread is closed and I am in a similar situation for a project I am working on.

Thanks!

I believe I put it on some plans but the owner gave the installation to a cheaper contractor. So I think it was installed but I haven't heard anything back since we stopped doing work with the owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back