Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

If ETABS kept telling me that Analysis and design sections differ for 5 sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnabean

Structural
Dec 12, 2013
CA
Hi all, I used 30 default load combinations of CSA S16-09 and converted all combinations which contain lateral loads into nonlinear loads and ran nonlinear analysis, since all my lateral braces were tension only members. ETABS kept telling me than analysis and design sections differ for 5 sections for more than half hour. is that normal or something wrong with the model? it is a one story steel structure grocery store with mezz. in one corner, typical Freshco store.
Any good idea to reduce the calculation time when dealing with tension only member project? it has been more than two hours, etabs still working on designing members.
Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi, can you attach a sketch of the model? You define correct the braces? How complex is the model? Also what computer hardware you have and what operating system you use? You receive the Not Responding message? Is not very clear what difficulties you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back