Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

IFR tank bottom plate replacement procedure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gururaj2022

Mechanical
Feb 4, 2022
SA
Dear Gents, we got an enquiry from our customer to replace the tank bottom. The diameter of the tank is 59.4 meters, and the height is around 20 meters. it has an internal floating roof. the total weight of the tank is 1000 TON. the product stored in the tank is methanal. Kindly share the procedure with me if you have it. We need to do the bottom replacement by tank jacking method. My mail id is gururaj.s@hotmail.com
Please support.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you are asking to share the procedure , i would like to remind you that Storage Tank Bottom replacement is specialized business and needs experts.

This subject has been discussed with several threads and one of them , thread1452-480319

I will suggest to look to the previous threads.
The common practice is adding new bottom rather than changing the existing one.
The shell is slotted completely 100-150mm above the bottom and the new bottom is placed on spacer material ( sand or concrete ). A doorsheet is opened on the shell to take new plates etc. inside.

Tim was so learned that he could name a
horse in nine languages: so ignorant that he bought a cow to ride on.
(BENJAMIN FRANKLIN )

Thank you very much for your excellent post. However, I would request any expert to share the procedure so that it will be helpful for me and I can understand it very well. Thanks once again.

What is your role in this project?

If you're the contractor ("we got an enquiry from our customer") and you're asking for a procedure then I think you're in the wrong business....

If you have some other role then please let us know.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Dear LittleInch
I don't understand your question. I like to have an answer from the expert. There is a requirement for my close friend who is working with the contractor. I think this forum is a knowledge-sharing forum.

Yes it is knowledge sharing, but it's not free engineering.

You keep asking for a "procedure".

These are documents written for a specific tank by the contractor undertaking the procedure.

What do you mean by"tank jacking method"

Doesn't sound right to me and not sure how you plan to sort your internal roof while you replace the floor.

What space do you have under the roof?

Drawings?

Ok, Dear LittleInch. Thank you very much. let's see whether any other reply to his post. I was looking for the procedure if anyone can support it. I am well aware that free engineering.

Did you actually read the same type of post that Hturkat listed, and followed the links in that thread?

Not sure what else anyone has to offer that hasn't already been said?

And you haven't answered any questions.

Jacking the tank is normally not needed to replace the bottom. Why are you jacking the tank? Just cut the tank shell 12 mm above the corner weld and slide in new plate under the sell. You can replace bottom plates under the IFR legs easily one at a time. If the floating roof roof is leg-supported aluminum, consider changing it to be suspended from the fixed roof, raising it up to 4 meters or so, then proceed. Again, I'm not sure why jacking is needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back