Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Images in to worksheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusLAndersson

Mechanical
Aug 11, 2005
GB
I have a picture in an Image in my UserForm.

I want to take this picture from the Image and insert it in a certain place on my active worksheet.

I have tried to use the following code but it does not work:

ws2.Pictures.Insert (Image4.Picture)

where ws2 is a my worksheet.

Does some one know how this can be done?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

MarkusLAndersson,

Your attempt is reasonable. It is not working because, as deceptive as the macro recorder is, .Pictures is actually NOT a subclass contained within the worksheet object. Shapes, however, are.

If you set the picture to an object then you can mess with it after you add it, as follows:

Code:
Dim wksMySheet As Worksheet
Dim picMyPicture As Shape

Set wksMySheet = Worksheets("sheet1")
    Set picMyPicture = wksMySheet.Shapes.AddPicture(Filename:="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\Sample Pictures\Winter.jpg", linktofile:=msoTrue, savewithdocument:=msoTrue, Left:=100, Top:=100, Width:=200, Height:=200)

picMyPicture.Flip msoFlipHorizontal

Or if you just want to add it and not worry about it then you can use the following:

Code:
Set wksMySheet = Worksheets("sheet1")
    Call wksMySheet.Shapes.AddPicture(Filename:="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\Sample Pictures\Winter.jpg", linktofile:=msoTrue, savewithdocument:=msoTrue, Left:=100, Top:=100, Width:=200, Height:=200)

I used the Call method so that I can specify which parameters are which. Makes it easier for myslef, and my coworkers to read it later.

-JTBorton
Well, You can try banging your head against the wall, but you just end up with lost-time injuries and damaged equipment. [M. Passman]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back