Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import AIP9 .dsdb into ANSYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenon2

Mechanical
Oct 20, 2005
CA
I'm trying to do analysis with ANSYS through Autodesk Inventor Pro 9. There is a "send to ansys" button which makes a .dsdb file, but I can't figure out how to open this in ANSYS.

From what I've read here ANSYS workbench is supposed to integrate with most every CAD software around but I can't figure out how to get it working. In fact I don't even know if I have workbench or classical, I got my copy from my university campus and they claimed it was ANSYS workbench but I really am not sure what it actually is. Is there a way to check?

All that I need to do for my current project is apply a water pressure load on a face (ie: linear increasing) the ANSYS built into Inventor Pro 9 cannot do this.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello

I have not worked with Inventor, but if it generates a .dsdb file you should be able to open it directly with Ansys Workbench, but not Classic.

In order to see which one you have installed, you can check it for instance from Programs in the Start button: if Ansys Workbench is there, then you have Workbench :) If only Ansys appears, then you have the Classic version. By the way, the name Classic is no longer used, just Ansys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back