Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Import and Export Plot Styles

Status
Not open for further replies.

dik

Structural
Apr 13, 2001
CA
It's not for autoCAD, but for Bricscad, a similar program. Does anyone know how to import and export plot files. I'm just rebuilding my computer system and need to transfer some plotfiles to the new machine.

Thanks, Dik

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm trying to copy my plot styles from my old machine to the new one. I can find the files and can copy them over, but the new machine doesn't read the new files... even tried rebooting in case it's a memory issue... it only sees the default plot styles.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Are they in your Plotter Configuration Path?
I just copied an old .pc3 file into my Plotter Configuration Path while BricsCad was open and it showed up in the plot dialog...

On both installs, they are under Roming part of the program in Win Users file.

-----*****-----

-Dik

I'm sure you have done this but: In BricsCad type OP or otherwise get to Options, type Plotter Config in the search box, it will show you the path...

I think BricsCaD only recognizes Windows printers and the PC3 file associated with those devices...could that be an issue for you?

It's not the printer, it's the plot style. It only recognises the plot styles that were loaded when the program was loaded. The other styles, I've created on my old machine, and have loaded them into the folder where plot styles are stored, but the program doesn't recognise them or see them, or something... They're in the correct folder, just not seen by the program. There doesn't seem to be any sort of 'import' or 'export' function.

-----*****-----

-Dik

Per Bricscad

PC3 files are saved in the Plotconfig subfolder of your Roamable root folder.

It is unlikely Bricscad is so sophisticated that it keeps some hidden internalized list - but you could search all the Roamable file contents for the names of the configs that are in the list to see if a file contains that list.

It's the *.ctb and *.stb files that are in the plotstyles folder... All the new ones are in that folder, it's just that the program doesn't see them...

-----*****-----

-Dik

Solved the problem... I imported a bunch of drawings with the plot styles... and it seemed to 'catch' them... thanks

-----*****-----

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back