Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import Ideas drawing to NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechdesignron

Mechanical
Mar 6, 2008
US
Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to export a drawing from I-deas to NX with the drawing to model/Assembly associativity. I am running NX 5 & 6 W/ I-deas 5. I have been able to export models and assemblys.

Thank You,
Ron

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It would be nice wouldn't it. As far as I'm aware of there are no CAD systems that can faithfully import/export drawings from one to the other.

Stay tuned as I'd love to stand corrected on this one, but I'm not holding my breath!

Cheers

Hudson

use the CMM (Content Migration Manager) tool. As far as I know though this is only available with Teamcenter.

Now, if you are a former I-Deas house, or in the process of transitioning, Siemens should provide this tool for you to use. However I do think they require some kind of training.

Also worth noting is that the drawings are currently the weakest link in the whole CMM process, and there are a few quirks you will have to deal with (like third-angle projection becoming first angle) but the associativity IS maintained.

We just found out alot of info regarding this.

The awnser is the content migration manager (CMM). It does not have to work with Teamcenter but it is highly recommended, and for good reasons. There are some bugs but it seems far better than the alternative (redrawing everything).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back