Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import NASYS Classic geometry to Workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupika

Civil/Environmental
Apr 3, 2010
Hi All,
I have create a model in ANSYS Classic and I want to open it in ANSYS Workbench. I do not know how to do it. But I could find an option "CDWRITE" as solution. Can anyone give me a help?

Rupika

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

since ansys classic, in File->Export-> i think to remember as params or t_x. then in ansys WB in import you look for this file.

I tried this. But I couldn't. Do you mean save file name as t_x? Can you please help me?

You may transfer the solid model from ANSYS classic GUI to Workbench via the IGES neutral file. Go to Utility Menu > File > Export command while in the Preprocessor level to export a jobname.igs file.

Hi,
I have attached a file with this. It shows the window after importing .igs file to ANSYS Workbench. But how can I open it. I tried with Geometry-> Edit But it opens an empty DM file. Please help me...

When it opens the empty DM file, do you click the Generate button?

I assume that you have attached the IGES file to your Geometry (Geometry => import Geometry=> browse...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back