Importing excel document into Autocad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toro45

Electrical
Dec 16, 2003
US
Hello,

I am working on a panel schedule in excel. This spread sheet has calculations in it and I was wondering if anybody knows a way I can import it into autocad.

I tried coying and pasting but this action manages to cut out the edge of my spread sheet.

Your responses will be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What do you mean by "edge?" Are you referring to a border style? That's pretty common.

What I do with embedded Excel in Powerpoint is to select an additional row/column per side with no borders and paste the whole thing into Powerpoint. While you can still see the cell boundaries onscreen, they won't print out.

TTFN

i use an autocad panel sched.. the engineers mark it up and then it's just a matter of changing the text in acad

i tried all the copy - paste special settings but nothing worked so that you could edit the data fast, or change the boundry lines or anything so i gave up and made the other

bdr

I have not had much luck with Excel importing straight into Autocad but I recently found this software and have used it a couple of times now with very good results.
I brought in large drainage structure tabulations sheets without much of a problem.
It does cost about 25 or 30 dollars for the program.

I currently use 2005 LT and had this problem for years before 2005.
Now everything comes in at once, not multiple cut and paste sessions and then put them all together.

Currently copy and paste special over 200 cells at once.

Someone at Autodesk was listening I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back