Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing/Exporting In V5??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanRyanRyan

Automotive
Jan 8, 2008
US
To Import/Export details in V4 we used a merge command...can someone tell me how to do these types of operations in V5?

Ryan Hill
Design Engineer
bestCADsolutions, Inc.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

In my opinion, the easy way is to create/copy your 2D components (dittos) in a CATDrawing, save as catalog and then just insert your dittos from that catalog....see more about this in the on-line docs....

Regards
Fernando

I can Cut/Paste in 2D Drafting, my main concern is 3D modeling. I need to be able to bring in components (in the correct orientation?) to an existing model and/or substitute parts in an assembly.

Ryan Hill
Design Engineer
bestCADsolutions, Inc.

Ah, I see...there is a component replace command and also an insert component...or you can use copy paste directly...or you can use a CATScript which you can find in the automation docs (copy-paste from one CATProduct to another keeping absolute position).

Regards
Fernando

Sorry I'm a little late responding here.

The equivalent command to a V4 Merge is the V5 PowerCopy.

PowerCopy lets you copy one or more features/bodies/Geom Sets/parameters/etc. from one CATPart and paste them into another CATPart.

See the online help for how to create (copy) and how to instantiate (paste) a PowerCopy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back