Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing KeyCrator file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uka

Mechanical
Dec 15, 2003
US
Out company is acquiring the product line from other compnay. They use KeyCreator and we use SolidWorks. Therefore, we need to be able to work on KeyCreator files in SolidWorks environment.
Does anybody know if SolidWorks is capable of this? Or is there any add-in to assist the exchange of these files??

Thank you,
Uka

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What formats can they export to from KeyCreator? If they export a solid or surface to one of the formats able to be imported by SolidWorks, you can at least start from a "dumb" solid from KeyCreator.

Otherwise, you have apples and oranges.

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe trumps reason.

KeyCreator used to be Cadkey and that is what we used before the switch to SW. Cadkey files can be exported as .stp or .step and then imported into SW as those extensions. I'm kind of sticking my neck on the chopping block when I say the .stp or .step files would still be an export option in KeyCreator, so swing the ax if needed.
Hope this will be of some help,

-Bloodclot-

I come from a small town where the population NEVER changed. Everytime someone got pregnant, someone left town.

Unless KeyCreator has changed the format SW can import CADKEY files of the *.prt, and *.ckd formats.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back