Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing multiple File Types into AutoCAD 2007 (PDF, TIF, CGM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gesigner

Mechanical
Apr 29, 2002
US
Lately, we are getting more 2D files from several different customers and vendors that are in formats; pdf, tif, cgm, etc.

I need information about how to deal with these formats so that I can get the drawings into AutoCAD 2007 and add notes, balloons, etc. for our system.

Any ideas, software recommendations, etc. will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Garry

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If your trying to get these into CAD. The tiff will be fine. In order to get the tiff in type in 'im' or "image" into the command line. A Box should pop up if its not already on your screen. Select the piece of paper looking icon drag it down to image if its not already selected. Then go hunt your tiff down. That should get the tiff in. Now for the pdf you will need to open up adobe and print to pdf and save it as a tiff then repeat the same steps. As for the *cgm. file I cant help you on that.

Yes, as I said, we're trying to get these into Autocad 2007.

TIF's: Is there a way to embed tifs into Autocad 2007? We use tif's now in Autocad, but they are basically xrefed; the cad file reads the tif but it's not a part of the drawing. We've had instances where the tif file is mistakenly erased and when someone opens the drawing that's referencing the missing tif, all we have left is our balloons and notes.

Thanks.

Garry

you can use the etransmit command to save the dwg including all referenced files. it doesn't embed the tiff file, but at least you can prevent accidental deletion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back