Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Importing PDF to DWG

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisR4

Mechanical
Nov 24, 2014
US
Previously, when I would insert a PDF in AutoCAD, I would get a nice clean conversion, with everything editable:

Old_Conversion_vl9f73.png

All the lines were clean and sharp. Recently when I try to Import a PDF it converts like this:

New_Conversion_Full_myuvkt.png

And the lines are not sharp:

New_Conversion_Zoomed_ujikfv.png

We did switch from Adobe to Nitro a while back, but have tried different files on different machines, and keep having the same problem. Doesn't seem to matter if I use Adobe, Nitro, or Microsoft print to PDF. Of the last 10 or so PDFs I have imported, one was actually usable. 

Also, I know if a scanned PDF is imported, it won't convert correctly. I have this problem with PDFs that aren't scanned, so I don't believe that to be the problem. Anyone else having this issue, or something similar? Thanks in advance!!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have a program called Pdf2cad that works quite well. As a side effect, if you use it on a redacted *.pdf file, it will often remove the redacting. It is by VisualIntegrity. It even breaks the drawings down into drawing layers. If it cannot convert the data, it will produce a graphics image of the drawing. Can you attach a bit of a dwg file and I'll give it a try?

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back