Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Importing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Kara

Mechanical
Mar 28, 2008
TR
Hi everybody, I have a problem with importing a model from SolidWorks 2009 to ANSYS 12 Classic. My cad model consists a revolve as a main feature and also some patterned holes on cylindirical surface of revolved body.

First problem is; ansys represents my holes(of course those are cylindirical holes) with two circles connected by two lines. But, to have a butterfly mesh i need two circles connected by four lines.

The second problem is; ansys always says that one line is attached to an area. What can I do to delete this line?

I am attaching a picture of my not properly meshed model also.

Thanks in advance.

Ali

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not sure if this is a solution. Try using a split line to the first hole to generate a 2 more lines. Not sure about the second problem.
I think you should also try an Ansys forum.

Figure out what solid model kernel ansys uses and export that type from SW. I also find reimporting and exporting from SW sometimes cleans up the file. Some times a random file type does seem to work better. Abaqus uses SAT and sometimes STEP works better. I hope this helps.

Rob Stupplebeen

Hello Ali

Try saving into an IGES, on the "save as" dialog box, click "Options" & select Ansys from "Surface representation/system preference"

Hope that helps.

Gurjeet Singh

Hi
I regularly import models (igs & step ) in Ansys Workbench, and seldome encounter problems.
Is this the first time ur trying to import files into ansys?
I m confused as to what do u mean by lines?
Are you having meshing issues or import issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back