Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

! in part name

Status
Not open for further replies.

boldfish

Mechanical
Jan 29, 2003
US
At the top of the window it shows:

NX4 - Modeling - [mount ring.prt (!)]

what does the ! signify?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It means that a feature is out of date. If you look at the model navigator and turn on the out-of-date column it will tell you which feature is out of date.

None of the features in the model show as out of date; I have not used WAVE but this part is used in an assembly. How do I easily find the culprit mate (not knowing which feature is causing the problem)?

You can click on Tools > Update > Update Session.

Probably some mating features that are not linked anymore.

Justin Ackley
Design Engineer
jackley@gmail.com

I wouldn't go so far as to that say it's a 'problem', just that with partial loading, the software does not always KNOW what the status is of any relationships and links that may exist and so this (!) flag is simply set so as to indicate that there MAY be something out there not fully updated or syncronized. Most of time, there should be no penalty for working without attempting to resolve this as it's only there as an aid, but not as an obstruction that somehow MUST be overcome before I can be expected to contiue with any productive work.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product "Evangelist"
NX Product Line
UGS Corp
Cypress, CA

Along these same lines, I have a Manufacturing part that has my models assembled in. In other words, my Mfg file has no geometry other than CAM geometry. When I open the part, everytime, my tool paths need to be regenerated. And it shows the (!). The model which is causing problems looks fine to me. I've opened it up by itself and examined it, and everything is up to date. I've even opened it, did a save-as, put it back in the read-only directory from which it originally came, and did an open componant as in the MFG file. Still the same thing. Now, when i turn partial loading on, the (!) doesn't show up anymore. But still the same problem. When I fully load, it reupdates the model and throws my tool paths red(regenerate) again. Some of the tool paths then need geometry repicked. Confusing, sorry, but I have no idea how to fix this. Thanks in advance for any help. :)
-Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back