Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

In SE12, the number "1" doesn't show up in dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyboydave

Mechanical
Nov 10, 2002
US
Very strange. I just got this new contract design job and they gave me the new SE12 that they had but had never loaded or used, so they couldn't help me. Anyways, when I'm dimensioning sketches, the number 1 is always invisible. Example, if I typed in 12.151 for a dimension, it would correctly size the sketch line, but on the screen, all that shows up is " 2. 5 " on the dimension. 1.111 shows up as " . ".

I'm stumped.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Bad install? Was your virus scanner turned off during installation?

Bad graphics card? Are you running the latest drivers?

Current update? The latest SE update (service pack) is #3. There were quite a few critical bugs in the initial release of v12 that were resolved in the first service pack. Make sure to at least get that one!

Check the above and let us know of your progress.

--Scott

Well it took a while, but I finally figured it out. I installed it on a second machine running the beta .NET server OS, since it's really close to XP. To my surprise, it worked. So, uninstalled and reinstalled on the XP machine. Still didn't work. Then for some reason, I played with font size in the Format>Style menu, and they showed up. There is one size that they are invisible, but any larger or smaller and they show up fine. Odd that the one exact size that didn't show up was the default size when installed.

You can try this : In profile env from the menu bar select tools->options->View tab, change the Application display field to backing store.

Thanks for the reply. That did work. I'll have to try it a while to see how it runs. I can now see the '1s' at any font size, even the default, but after rotating the assembly, there is a pause and some of the parts disappear while it repaints the display. As long as it doesn't slow things down too much, its worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back