Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

In Search Of... Military Technical Manual Validation Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingNo19

Military
Jan 13, 2021
US
My company is new to government contract work and I am a new Program Manager. I am trying to assess the requirements to develop a Validation Plan for a US Army Technical Manual. The Validation Plan must meet the requirements of Data Item Description (DID) DI-TMSS-81818. There is a basic outline of required content, but it has been suggested that this document could be quite detailed. After a fairly extensive search, I found nothing on the Internet that was remotely helpful. Does anyone have a Technical Manual Validation Plan that they would not mind sharing with me?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Seems to me a more relevant question is "what did you bid for the effort, and what was your basis of estimate" as well what was your technical manual contract requirement? Your plan should be consistent with your proposed/contracted scope for the effort.

This is what one website says:

[URL unfurl="true" said:
https://www.leonardodrs.com/what-we-do/products-and-services/technical-manual-validation-and-delivery/[/URL]]Final technical manual deliverables typically go through a formal validation process consisting of the physical performance method of demonstration of set-up, alignment, operating, troubleshooting and maintenance procedures witnessed by the customer.

I used to have a PM who would read EVERY contract document at the start of the effort, so that he knew precisely what was contracted, and what might have been the expectation of the customer.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Hi IRstuff and thank you for your responses! These are very helpful indeed. We are currently developing the bid and want to fully understand the scope of this requirement, as much as possible, in order to develop our basis of estimate. Again, thanks for your quick and insightful responses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back