Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inch sketch window size too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollupswx

Mechanical
Dec 31, 2007
US
Pro/E newbie here.
Most of my parts are fairly small.
When I start a new metric file and sketch a rectangle the weak dimensions are close to my design intent.
When I start a new inch file and sketch a rectangle the dimensions are much larger than my design intent. At some point I thought I saw a way to make my initial screen zoom closer to the size of work that I normally do, but now for the life of me I can't figure out how to make the change.
Is there a way or did I dream this up?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I put a hidden sketch feature called DELETE_ME in our template parts so the size is somewhat close when making a new part. The DELETE_ME feature is deleted after some other geometry is created.

Good idea - but I still seem to recall there was a way to fix this.

I'll use your idea for now and see how it goes. Obviously not a big deal relative to other problems. ;~)

Edit Definition of the Default Planes
The first plane has 2 tabs Display and Properties because it's direction is given by X axis.
the other two planes have Placement Display and Properties Tabs.

For all 3 planes Choose Display and check adjust Outline
Width and Height are in respect to the two active axes of each plane as shown below and not the direction of Plane orientation.

Plane - Width - Height
Right - Ydir - Zdir
Top - Zdir - Xdir
Front - Xdir - Ydir

The default for inlbs_part_solid.prt was 508.66 in so a small circle in new sketch still gets a huge dimension. By resizing the default planes to the average size of most of your parts you won't have to sketch a tiny line or circle and fit view each time you make a new part.
:\Program Files\ProENGINEER Install Folder\templates\

Open the template you want to modify.
Edit Definition of each Plane.
Select Display
Check [] Adjust Outline
Check [] Lock aspect ratio or enter Width Height info as described in the table above
Enter the value in inches for plane sizes along edge
Hit OK

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back