Incinerator

Status
Not open for further replies.

raingal79

Chemical
Mar 27, 2003
SG
Hi all,
I have this problem: incinerator to burn wastefeed that contains up tp 40% glycols. According to this composition variation, I have established a set of conditions to operate such that CO emission lies below the legal limits. However, recently, it is found that frequency of chokages in the incinerator throat, spray nozzles at quench unit & spray nozzles at venturi has increased. I wonder why and the cause for it. My understanding is probably due to the sudden reduction in incineration temperature at the throat where cooling water enters the cooling water jacket around the incinerator.
Anyone of you have such an experience? Care to offer to some advice?
Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If your problem is one of plugged nozzles, then lets review what type of nozzle you are using. A dual fluid nozzle using compressed air to achieve fine atomization of the liquid or slurry is recommended. These dual fluid nozzles have much larger internal clearances and a larger orifice than hydraulic nozzles, and therefore are much less likely to plug. I can provide more details if you like.

Thanks for your response.

Atomizing medium for our incinerator is compressed air. Chokages are observed around the incinerator throat, quench scrubber nozzles and venturi spray nozzles, and not the atomizing nozzles.

Recently, in addition to the chokages, thick plume from incinerator stack is observed.

Pls advise.

If you use Submerged Quench Incineration, a deep submergence of the downcomer eliminates the need of quench sprays that are prone to plug.
I have a few articles about this system, one of which at PTQ magazine and also at their site under Articles section with the title of Submerged Quench Incineration.
If you want further information on this system, just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back