Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inco718 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

anusca

Jul 5, 2002
ES
I would like to know where can I find info about inco718 or equivalent, could you help me?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"Inco 718", also known as "Inconel 718", a.k.a. "Alloy 718" is a fairly common nickel-chromium-iron alloy, sometimes called a nickel based superalloy. TVP was right that Special Metals holds the tradename, and their datasheet is at

They also have a variant that is aimed at superplastic forming applications, and that information is at

Other companies make the same stuff: Allegheny Ludlum's information sheet is at

while CarTech's can be found on their website at "Pyrotool 7" is one of their tradenames.

After reading the brochure, you can direct your questions to the technical service department of one of the producers- I've always had good experiences talking over proposed applications with those folks.

Good luck!

Lee

Lee,

Excellent follow-up. And here I was just shamelessly plugging Special Metals...[blush]

Does anyone know what the proper punishment for this offense is?
[cannon] [surprise][bomb]

[machinegun] [clown]

[flush]

Hello, thank you for the response to everybody. I would like to know if the INCO718 or the equivalents is creepable forming.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back