Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Increasing precision in spline information output window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnumman

Automotive
Apr 1, 2003
US
I have received a cam profile from a supplier and we're trying to determine the exact point profile that was used to create the spline that made the cam lobe.

When I go to Information -> Spline -> Spline Analysis and pick the knot points and defining points and then select Complete to get the entire output of information, I don't see any options for the format of the output.

When the information window comes up, the precision of the data is to five decimal places. When we analyze the data, it seems that there are some approximations that we have to make in order for the data to fit the normal incrementing of the point definition. We would like to increase the precision of the data points to something higher to try to get the exact position of the spline points that was used to create the profile, but I can't find anything in any of the menus that allows this precision to be changed. Is there a way to increase this?

We are running UG NX 1.0.3.2 on a Windows 2000 machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Bob Hoffman

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back