Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

indirect pulversied coal firing system

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerStation

Mechanical
Oct 23, 2001
ID
Does anybody have information how to design indirect pulverised coal firing system ? Please let me know.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This probably won't help, but I'm throwing it out just in case.

There are a lot of diagrams and excellent descriptions for coal-fired locomotives floating around the web. A decent search engine ought to spit out at least of couple of train "techie" sites which carry this sort of information. You might also try the archives of furnace manufacturers (Trane, Carrier, etc.) for some leads.

Your question falls within the fairly specialized field of combustion engineering. I haven't checked to see if there is a particular forum for that on this site, but if there is, then it might do to post it there as well.

There are some government projects involved with indirect-fired gas turbines (which I presume you're ultimately interested in). One that comes to mind is sponsored by the US Department of Energy, and you can find some details at This site doesn't give you much, but you might be able to contact the listed names, and they might be able to direct you somewhere useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back